Taking Matters Into My Own Hands: Going to Paraguay for the Election

See this entry below for a brief summary of why I think this trip is important.




After feeling dissatisfied with the press coverage and analysis of what I think is a critical moment for Paraguay and for democracy in Latin America, and because it's spring break and this is what my PhD dissertation is about, and because, well, I'm a bit stubborn and decisive... I've decided to fly to Asuncion to cover the election myself.

I'll be posting photos and commentary here on this blog, uploading videos and interviews to youtube and linking them, and maybe even mailing you postcards, if you so desire.

The first thing I've noticed in "planning" this trip? The US dollar has gone down in value by nearly 20% since I was last in Paraguay (which would have been August 2007).

Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.