Vela Contra la Violencia Hacia las Mujeres





Highlights include:

The drunk (?) man who kept crying out "brujas" (witches) and making the sign of the cross to ward off the evil of the women as they carried the coffin (representing the death of justice).


The poem recited by the women of the funeral procession, which reminded me of the chorus in Greek tragedies.


The most beautifully haunting song I've heard in Paraguay... I don't know the name of it and I don't know who sang it and this is only a little clip in a poorly recorded sound file. Err... I'll figure out how to load that up later?


Here's a bit of video from one of the dramatic presentations... In the US, this treads a bit too close to what looks like satire for a theme so serious, but perhaps there's a different cultural sensibility here?




Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.